Pensioner Pond is located just outside of West Charleston with the Clyde River running into it. The Clyde River Recreation (clyderiverrecreation.com) offers entertainment with kayak, canoe and paddle board rentals and also offers to shuttle you and your equipment up the river to be dropped off. The canoeing, kayaking and bird watching is fantastic on Pensioner Pond.
- Type: Natural freshwater pond
- Towns located within: West Charleston
- Acres: 170
- Maximum Depth: 39 feet
- Public beach: No
- VT Fish & wildlife public boat launch
- Boating restrictions: No jet skis or personal watercraft
- Restrooms: None
- Elevation: 1158 feet
- Depth Chart: http://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/data-maps/charts
- Species: Yellow Perch, Chain Pickerel, Smallmouth Bass and Bullhead
- Fishing Seasons are open year round, ice fishing runs from the 3rd Saturday in January to March 15th. For more information go to: vtfishandwildlife.com
There are many recreational activities to do in the area including; swimming, fishing, ice fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, hunting, museums & biking. Also be sure to check out the wildlife such as Moose, Deer, Turkeys, Loons, Kingfishers, migrating birds and other small mammals.
Nearby Lakes and Ponds
Below please view all properties listed for sale on Pensioner Pond: