Also known as: Stone Pond
Shadow Lake is one of the most serene lakes in the Northeast Kingdom. It is also the most accessible out of all the lakes and ponds in the town of Glover. It is adjacent to Daniels Pond and located just off RT 16 with free parking at the public beach. Shadow Lake was established well before 1929, however it was during this year that a dam was constructed to help regulate water levels. With approximately 109 camps/ homes on the lake shore, properties are hard to come by but once you own, you will never want to sell.
- Type: Natural freshwater lake
- Towns located within: Glover
- Acres: 210
- Maximum Depth: 139 feet
- Average Depth: 55 feet
- Elevation: 1394 feet
- Public beach
- VT Fish & wildlife public boat launch
- Boating restrictions: no jet skis or personal watercraft, 5mph max.
- Restrooms: Summer only
- Lake Association: shadowlakeassociation.org
- Depth Chart: http://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/data-maps/charts
- Species: Rainbow and Lake Trout, Yellow Perch, Smallmouth Bass, Chain Pickerel, Smallmouth Bass, Bullhead and Panfish
- Fishing Seasons run from the 2nd Saturday in April to October 31st and the 3rd Saturday in January to March 15th. For more information go to: vtfishandwildlife.com
There are many recreational activities to do in the area including; swimming, fishing, ice fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, hunting, museums & biking. Also be sure to check out the wildlife such as Moose, Deer, Turkeys, Loons, Kingfishers, migrating birds and other small mammals.
Nearby Lakes and Ponds
Below please view all properties listed for sale on Shadow Lake: