Also known as: Derby Pond
Derby Pond is convenient to everything, located right in town there is easy access to stores, restaurants and entertainment. The VAST trail system runs directly across the length of the lake and many people take boats out in the summer. Many houses and camps dot the water’s edge around the lake. Throughout the summer, the town roads circling around the lake make for an enjoyable walk or run.
- Type: Natural freshwater pond
- Towns located within: Derby
- Acres: 206
- Maximum Depth: 19 feet
- Public beach: no
- VT Fish & wildlife public boat launch
- Boating restrictions: No jet skis or personal watercrafts
- Restrooms: None
- Depth Chart: http://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/data-maps/charts
- Species: Yellow Perch, Chain Pickerel, Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass and Bullhead
- Fishing Seasons are open year round. For more information go to: vtfishandwildlife.com
There are many recreational activities to do in the area including; swimming, fishing, ice fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, hunting, museums & biking. Also be sure to check out the wildlife such as Moose, Deer, Turkeys, Loons, Kingfishers, migrating birds and other small mammals.
Nearby Lakes and Ponds
Below please view all properties listed for sale on Derby Lake: