Caspian Lake is certainly towards the top of the list for the cleanest lake in Vermont. This beautiful lake offers water skiers their own place to set up a slalom course, the shallow areas are perfect for snorkelers and divers can enjoy the depths. During the winter months Caspian Lake is a very popular ice fishing location. There are many camps, homes and vacation rentals that line the edge of this fun-filled lake.
- Type: Glacial freshwater lake, dammed
- Towns located within: Greensboro
- Acres: 789
- Maximum Depth: 142 feet
- Public beach: Yes
- VT Fish & wildlife public boat launch
- Boating restrictions: No jet skis or personal watercraft, 40mph max
- Elevation: 904 feet
- Lake Association: greensboroassociation.org
- Depth Chart: http://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/data-maps/charts
- Species: Brown, Rainbow and Lake Trout, Rainbow Smelt and Yellow Perch
- Fishing Seasons are open from the 2nd Saturday in April to October 31st and ice fishing runs from the 3rd Saturday in January to March 15th. For more information go to: vtfishandwildlife.com
There are many recreational activities to do in the area including; swimming, fishing, ice fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, hunting, museums & biking. Also be sure to check out the wildlife such as Moose, Deer, Turkeys, Loons, Kingfishers, migrating birds and other small mammals.
Nearby Lakes and Ponds
Below please view all properties listed for sale on Caspian Lake: