Brownington Pond is a quiet, peaceful lake located about 5 miles from Newport. It is adjacent to Derby Town Forest which is on the backside consisting of nearly 400 acres, this insures that the lake will remain private and offers hiking trails throughout. If you like to fish or just relax and watch the loons, you will definitely want to make a stop at Brownington Pond.
- Type: Natural freshwater pond
- Towns located within: Brownington and Derby
- Acres: 136
- Maximum Depth: 33 feet
- Public beach: None
- VT Fish & wildlife public boat launch
- Boating restrictions: No jet skis or personal watercraft
- Restrooms: None
- Elevation: 988 feet
- Depth Chart: http://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/data-maps/charts
- Species: Yellow Perch, Chain Pickerel, Smallmouth Bass and Bullhead
- Fishing Seasons are open year round. For more information go to: vtfishandwildlife.com
There are many recreational activities to do in the area including; swimming, fishing, ice fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, hunting, museums & biking. Also be sure to check out the wildlife such as Moose, Deer, Turkeys, Loons, Kingfishers, migrating birds and other small mammals.
Nearby Lakes and Ponds
Below please view all properties listed for sale on Brownington Pond: